Dave Denino Life Without an Alarm Clock
Kelley Hopkins Alverez The Dalai Lama Visits Danbury
Deb DelVecchio-Scully Where East Meets West
Deb DelVecchio-Scully Sandy’s aftermath: counselors weigh in on how to help
|CCA-WC Announces Workshop 2-2-13||| Print ||
The Connecticut Counseling Association-Western Chapter
is proud to present:
“Victory Strategies for Parent/Child Power Struggles”
J. Brien O’Callaghan, PhD, LPC
1. Identifying child behaviors that are abusive to parents and others
2. Identifying parent/adult enabling behaviors that create and maintain child abusive behaviors
3. Communicating with children by questioning; not lecturing
4. Using time out, physical restraint, and other consequences to reduce/eliminate power struggle behaviors.
5. Dealing with different types of family constellations, for example: nuclear families, divorced and step families.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
at WCSU Westside Campus Room 518
10:30am to 12:30pm
Please RSVP @ email@example.com by February 1, 2013
*RSVP is important to ensure appropriate room and materials for all attendees.
2 CEUs Offered for CCA members
This workshop is co-sponsored by the Connecticut Counseling Association.
The Connecticut Counseling Association is recognized by the National Board for Certified Counselors to offer continuing education for Nationally Certified Counselors; provider number 2007
We adhere to NBCC Continuing Education Guidelines. 2.0 CEUs, (Contact Hours), are available for LPC's and NCC's for this workshop.
“The Connecticut Counseling Association is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and a cosponsor of this event/program. CCA-WC may award NBCC-approved clock hours for events or programs that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP maintains responsibility for the content of this event.”
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Fostering growth and development of professional counselors"